Financial institutions striving to reach rural areas face numerous constraints, such as poor infrastructure, dispersed demand, price and yield risks, and collateral limitations. In addition, the standard banking or microfinance products are not suited to longer-term agricultural activities and may not cater for the seasonalities in the cash flow.
We assist financial institutions in identifying and implementing sustainable models to increase outreach in the rural areas and agriculture entrepreuners.
Our solutions include:
- Rural program and product design, in order to reach the small holder farmers
- Agriculture lending risk management
- Agriculture lending processes
- Planning, design and implementation of alternative delivery channels, including branches on wheels, mobile banking
- Small holder farmers CRM system design: business requirements development, technology recommendations